Chavurah (friendship groups)
Every congregant who wishes to join a Chavurah group gets placed into one. When a group gets too large, you are more than welcome to organize a second group. We welcome any new suggestions for group types and always are looking for new liaisons.
Joining is a simple process, there are several options. You can download a signup form, print it out, and email it, or you may drop it off in the synagogue office. You will then be contacted shortly later to review your request.
Note: the groups below are only a small list of those available. New groups are being formed all the time!
• Mishpocha – is a group geared to young families with preschool/young children
• Young families with elementary age children- is a group geared to families with grade school age children
• Boomerang Gang- is a group geared toward baby boomer parents with preschool/elementary age children
• Sababa- is a group geared at families with middle school/high school children
• Ha Bay-Nayim- is a group geared toward couples with college age/post college age children
• Chai- is a group geared at mature empty nester couples
• Jewish Study Chavurah- is a group of all demographics that select pertinent Judaic topics to study and discuss
• Mature Singles (those who have been divorced)- is a group geared at male and female divorcees
• Ahava-is a group geared at mature singles who have been widowed
To sign up for a Chavurah, please click here to download the Chavurah Sign-up form and return to the synagogue.
|Email or mail to:||Chavurah|
|c/o Congregation Beth Shalom|
|3433 Walters Ave|
|Northbrook, IL 60062